Director of Managed IT Services
The Director of Managed Services is responsible for all IT operations within the Managed Services Team. This includes providing training, direction and oversight to our Managed Services Team of Support Technicians and Systems Engineers. The Director of Managed Services is also responsible for monitoring service delivery and handling any issues or escalations. Client relations and strong communication skills are a critical part of this role.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in IT Service Management, technical experience, and a well-developed business acumen –as well as a natural talent for getting the best out of IT support teams. The Director of Managed Services is ultimately responsible for the satisfaction of all MicroIntegration’s Managed Services customers. This position requires excellent organization, follow-up, team motivation, management and mentorship, documentation and customer services skills.
The ideal candidate will have a sound understanding of the technologies we support, and be passionate about delivering exceptional service to our clients.
- Provide operational management for our Support Technicians and Systems Engineers in the Managed Services Department of MicroIntegration.
- Assist in establishing the roles and responsibilities of the Managed Services team
- Manage team member workloads and utilization, timesheet and expense approvals, and performance reviews.
- Create and monitor professional development plans for each Managed Services team member
- Create and maintain Managed Services team processes, SOPs and documentation with a goal of standardizing all repeatable tasks within the team for optimal and efficient service delivery.
- Help mentor new recruits to become strong members of our Managed Services Team as quickly and seamlessly as possible, and operationally assist them as our managed service business scales.
- Monitor utilization and staffing levels for all team members, and work with HR to hire new team members as needed.
- Instill a high-performance culture in the team with a focus on teamwork, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues.
- Encourage open communication between team members, allowing the team to bring forward ideas on how they can collectively deliver more effective service
Customer & Service Delivery Management:
- Ensure SLA achievement for all our customers
- Manage client relationships and communications including developing and providing Incident reports for any major customer incidents, handling escalations, preparing and participating in quarterly business reviews and proposal creation when required.
- Provide oversight to ensure recurring/preventative maintenance plans are defined, implemented and executed.
- Provide oversight to ensure business systems availability and performance for Managed clients.
- Ensure documentation for all managed clients is updated and maintained.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against SLA/KPI’s, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement.
- Work closely with the Managed Services Lead Engineers to ensure new customers are on-boarded with a seamless handover / transition into Managed Services.
- Manage and develop strategic partnerships with third party suppliers and other internal stakeholders.
- Achieve consistent customer satisfaction ratings and respond appropriately to customer feedback on areas for improvement.
- Ensure optimal business utilization of team members, and maximize department profitability through efficient service delivery
- Maximize efficiency through design, optimization and implementation of operational processes
- Participate in ongoing pricing strategy and optimization
- 3+ years’ experience leading a team of 8-15 employees
- IT Operations background including end-user support, server, networking and datacenter experience.
- Understand event/alert management, incident and change management processes
- Knowledge of and experience in ITSM frameworks (ITIL, CoBIT, etc.) and tools (Autotask, ConnectWise, Remedy, Service Now etc.)
- Troubleshooting capability. Problem-solve issues and be able to mentor team through systematic troubleshooting in a timely manner
- Motivating and managing teams effectively while multi-tasking on many fronts
- Maximizing process efficiency through effective team leadership and collaboration
- Highly organized and able to keep track of not only your tasks, but tasks assigned to all team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on Customer Service
- Relevant postsecondary education and training
- Excellent attention to detail reflected in the ability and interest in reporting (and acting upon) data related to departmental performance
- General business acumen is a must
All job inquiries can be directed towards: Careers@microintegration.net