MicroIntegration is an IT solutions provider in South Bend, Indiana. We are focused on delivering technology solutions and support to our clients through dedicated IT support, technology planning and project implementations. In addition, MicroIntegration has a regional data center practice which includes private and hybrid cloud solutions, co-location and ISP services. Since 1999, we’ve been the trusted IT provider and advisor for hundreds of organizations including small/medium business, enterprise, government and education (K-12 and higher education).
As a part of our growing team, you will find yourself surrounded by technicians and engineers who are the best in the industry. Our team integrates creativity with a passion for learning the latest technology to provide state-of-the-art solutions and support for our client base. We challenge each other to grow and be the strongest IT provider in the area. We currently have an opening for the following position:
The Managed Services Engineer is responsible primarily for designing, implementing, troubleshooting, analyzing and maintaining the IT Infrastructure of internal and external customer environments. This includes network connectivity and utilization, Windows server administration, virtualization, performance tuning, backup and restore. The Managed Services Engineer identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems and maintains documentation of client networks and systems. The Managed Services Engineer is familiar enough with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The Managed Services Engineer performs a variety of complicated tasks, and provides support for escalated trouble tickets.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, and configuration(s).
- Level 2 and Level 3 Support for problems identified with systems and network.
- Create, request, and present technical specifications and requirements for purchasing of new hardware/software.
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.
- Standard system administration duties including server install, System/Application install and patch management, Windows problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
- Configure, test, and maintain LAN equipment and services, including switches, routers, firewalls and VPN.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems including network connectivity, traffic utilization, etc. using available network tools in a timely fashion.
- Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, Operating System, network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration.
- Assist with monthly reports, and recommendations for Managed Services Clients.
- Interface with third party vendors as liaison between client and vendor.
- Utilize superior customer service skills.
- Stay current with system information, changes, and updates.
Candidates should be team players with excellent communication skills and have the ability to manage assignments independently. The ideal candidate will have a nurturing personality and the desire to help in the development and mentoring of fellow employees or the customer’s IT Staff.
- 3-5 years of prior IT experience. Prior experience working for a service provider is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate by phone or in person.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and work with various customers and management levels.
- Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Shows initiative and acts independently to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Works effectively both as a team member and independently.
- Effectively utilizes tools to resolve issues and escalates appropriately.
- Network configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting experience are a must.
- Experience working with Windows 2003-2012, VMware, Hyper-V, Linux, Storage Technologies.
- Microsoft certifications a plus.
- VCP certification a plus.
- CCNA certification a plus.
- Hands on experience with Wired and Wireless networking, PC and server virtualization software, virus protection, backup systems, monitoring systems.
- Proven background of providing great customer service.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizes existing projects, and proactively determine areas requiring additional attention, monitoring, or maintenance.
- Strong documentation skills.